Is your child due to start school in September 2021?
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017, they can start school in September, and you should have applied for their place by Friday 15 January.
If you missed the memo, don’t panic, there is still time and you can apply by visiting www.lbbd.gov.uk/school-admissions.
It’s important to know that getting your child a place at school is not an automatic process, so you still have to apply, even if they are already at a school nursery or they have a brother or sister at that school.
If you need to apply, head to the school admissions page now.
You can also check out this video to help you through the process.
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 they may start school full time in September 2021.
This move is not an automatic process and you will need to apply for a place via the borough webpage.
The full admissions process is set out in the booklet ‘Starting school full-time in 2021’ which will be published on 1 November 2020. Parents must apply online no later than 15 January 2021.
How to accept your child’s school place
• Go to the e-admissions (https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/eAdmissions/app) website where you made your application.
• Login using your username and password you received when you registered to make your application. If you have forgotten your details you can enter your email address and get a reminder sent to you.
• Select the ‘My school admissions’ page.
• Select the ‘View outcome and respond’ option.
• ‘Submit’ your response. We will then send you an email to confirm that you have accepted your child’s school place.
If you do not press the ‘submit’ button, we will automatically take the place away as you have not accepted our offer.
Moving to secondary school
If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 they will be moving to a secondary school in September 2021.
You can apply from 1 September 2020 when up to date information will be available on this page.
This move is not an automatic process and you will need to apply for a place at the schools you would like your child to go to.
If you apply online by 31 October 2020 you can view your results online at the e-admissions (https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/school-admissions) website.
Please apply using the common application form (CAF) provided by the borough where you and your child live.
Applying for a school place at any time in the school year.
By law, children aged between 5 and 16 must receive an education.
If you would like to apply for a place at our school, you will need to apply to the School Admissions Team direct, via the borough website (https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/school-admissions).
To apply for an in-year school place:
- Make sure you read and understand the information in the admissions booklet ‘Finding a school place – issue 4’ before you apply. We’ve also produced a quick guide to the in-year process.
- Fill in one form for each child.
Your application will be processed within 10 school days of receiving your form and documents.